- APP : PaperCut NG 17.2.1
- Licens : Demo
- OS : Windows
- Utgivare : PaperCut Software International
PaperCut NG™ is a print and internet quota, charging, tracking and monitoring system designed to promote the responsible use of IT resources. It’s a premium cross-platform solution specifically designed to meet the needs of schools, universities and other organizations. Implementations range from silent monitoring, quota control to user-pays systems.
PaperCut NG leads the way with innovative features, cross-platform support, open source code access and enterprise level scalability.
A 40-day unrestricted trial version is available for download.
* Innovative 100% web-based administration allowing admin control from anywhere on the network.
* Cross-platform (Windows, Mac & Linux) support for both servers and clients.
* Differential print charging allowing costs to be defined per printer with varied prices for color, duplex and large format printing.
* Quota internet access by integrating with leading proxy servers such as Microsoft ISA Server and Squid.
* TopUp/PrePaid Cards – ideal for student payment management.
* Print release stations for secure printing, or for pay-per-print usage in public libraries or internet cafes.
* Advanced reporting in PDF, HTML and Excel.
* Charge printing to shared accounts – great for allocating printing costs to departments, faculties or cost centers.
* Import users and groups from Active Directory or an LDAP server like Novell eDirectory or OpenDirectory.
* Scalability up to 60,000+ users with the option to take this further with application server clustering.
* Option to use external databases such as Microsoft SQL Server / Express and PostgreSQL.
* Full support for multiple print servers and monitoring of local desktop printers.
* Error notifications when printers are in error.
* User tools and client software to allow users to view balance and usage history.
* Self maintaining system requiring minimal administration.
* Vendor neutral – no hardware vendor or operating system lock-in.